Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Things worth living for

Good afternoon, everyone.
I don't know where you all live, but for me, today was the most random day in the world. It actually RAINED! And hailed! During the summer in Glendale, Arizona, that's a rarity. A precious rarity. And lately I've been so exhausted and slammed with homework and just plain STRESSED, so this was a little reminder on why we keep going for me. It's different for everyone. We all have little things in our life-- or maybe even people-- that make our lives worth living.
I was in dance class when it started raining. It kept getting heavier and lighter and heavier and lighter as the time went by, and the whole time all I wanted was to be outside. And we even opened the door, and I was so shocked to see hailstones! It was miraculous. Then, after dance, and on the way to advanced language arts, it was raining really hard! I just took my time, threw my head back, and laughed. I smiled at the quintessence of it all and how it cleansed me. This is what it's all about.

So now I'll kick off this post with a poem I wrote, and then a question for you all to answer:

A beautiful surprise
Presents itself
To me
Along with my favorite smell
And then with each second
It fades
Going
Going
Gone
Only the memory
Remains


So? What about you? What/ who makes your life worth living? Whether it's rare that you see it/ them or not. What makes YOU forget all YOUR problems?

3 comments:

  1. Writing. And my friends. And family. Those are what make my life worth living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dance, a beautiful sunset, the beach, a special person, writing poetry.

    ReplyDelete