Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 4, 2010

I picked up the most breath-taking stone
The most hypnotizing beauty
And I held onto it for dear life
For what seemed like forever
Day after day
Week after week
Month after month
Because it seemed very precious
Valuable
But after holding onto the same possession
And not doing anything with it
Or ever putting it down
Because you think you'll be rewarded
or that in the end it'll mean something
You start to grow tired
That's why when I reached the edge of the top of the mountain
I let the gem roll off my fingertips
And I watched it fall
Until it was out of my sight
I started to climb back down
And tried not to think about the absence I felt
But when I reached the ground
I realized that my most prized possession
Was now broken into pieces
Unattainable
And I wondered if I'd ever be whole again

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    This is Christie. You visited one of my blogs that I started called The Ruby Ring and the Magic Mirror. I started that book with my cousin "SweetiePie" I looked at your profile. It seems that we have many things in common. I love to write poetry also. I really love the imagery you used for this one! Love~Love~Love, Christie S. Feel free to visit my blog http://joyfuldayswithchristie.blogspot.com/ I post a lot of my poetry there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm SO happy to know people are reading. And I do believe ai follow your blog! Your story captures my interest so easily. :-) Keep writing! I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have another blog all to myself it's called Joyful Days With Christie. Here's the link: http://joyfuldayswithchristie.blogspot.com/
    I started The Ruby Ring and the Magic Mirror with my cousin SweetiePie. Thanks for reading it!

    ReplyDelete