Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rain-- An Interior Monologue

I am a drop of rain-- just a drip, you could even say a droplet. It doesn't
really matter. Some might enjoy the rain (especially those who live in a place where rain is very scarce). Some might detest it, but no one ever has the slightest hunch as to what it must be like for us. Yes, yes, rain smells good and feels good (to those down on Earth), and it might even taste good to some, too. To me, however, raining down on to Earth has to be my biggest fear. Does anyone know how far it is from the safe walls of the clouds protecting me to the hard ground? It's a long fall, and no one ever asked me if I wanted to make the journey to my own death; it's just expected of me-- and for what? I fall down, maybe leave a mark on the asphalt for a few minutes, but then I'm forgotten.

Livabug

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome monologue! You really captured the essence of rain. Like, How does a rain drop feel if it lives such a short life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this is so deceptively simple but so full of complicated emotions!

    ReplyDelete